Search by Title

Friday, March 25, 2016

I Do Not Need A Clear Night Sky

by Michele Fry, © 1994

I do not need a clear night sky
     to see the constellations.
Need not be near a babbling brook
     to hear its conversation.
I neither have to smell a rose
     to savor its bouquet
Nor must I travel far from home
     to pleasure in the day.
I need not walk a stretch of sand
     to know the sun's warm rays,
Nor do I need you by my side
     to feel your loving ways.


I used to wrap you in my arms
     but then as our love grew
I only needed you nearby
     to feel quite sure of you.
Little did I know you made me
     trust enough to love.
Time slipped by.  You wore me smooth.
     My deepest pains dissolved.
Through years of confirmation, now
     content, more calm than ever,
I only need you in my heart
     to feel your love forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment