Search by Title

Friday, March 25, 2016

Bad and I

by Michele Fry ©1966
When BAD and I together be
    BAD and I run strong.
For when I run along with Thee
     the BAD is not so wrong.

But when the GOOD is here with me,
     when hand in hand we live,
Then GOOD is all I care to be
     and GOOD is what I'll give.

They're both alive within me,
     these characters of two.
So plain, so awkward can I see
     they're alternately true.

For when I run with Thee again,
     and feel Thy goodness through,
I'll yield my very soul to BAD
     and GOOD will ebb from view.
(Note:  Written barely out of high school, my definitions of BAD and GOOD have certainly changed over the decades, but the endless struggle to be sensible and prudent vs, to do what feels good right now, remains about the same.)


No comments:

Post a Comment