Search by Title

Friday, March 25, 2016

Mirrors, Mirrors Everywhere


By Michele Fry, October 1991


Another mirror.  Look at that!
Look at how I am.
I see myself when you do that!
It's deja vous again, again.

To watch someone procrastinate
or push their point of view
or rush to rash conclusions
or fail to follow through.

Or close a door on friendship
or speak as from above
or miss a chance to listen or learn
or lend a hand, or love.

     It hurts to see how thoughtless I have been.

Sometimes I've been as smart as you,
as witty, sure, or funny.
Sometimes I, too, do lofty things
the way you do.  It's stunning!

Oh, yes, I've been as you are now
but only now can see
why things turned out the way they did.
Outcomes were caused by me.

To see you mirroring my traits
just happens now and then.
It's always a surprise.  A Gift -
A portrait from God's pen.

For instantly it teaches what I
want the most to know:
How to be a better me --
and let the rest go.

Others hire counselors
and pay a huge fee.
I look in my mirrors hard
and get my counseling free!






No comments:

Post a Comment